Gabion Noise Barrier - Efficient, Aesthetic & Durable
Have you ever been plagued by traffic noises as your home is
located near the highway? Are you in trouble of choosing the
appropriate noise barrier as so many types of products filling in
the market? Then please read this page carefully, we believe we can
provide the best solution to your problem.
Gabion noise barrier, as its name applies, is a type of effective sound blocking
construction. It comprises of free standing welded gabion baskets
that joined together by spiral joints or hog rings. Filled with
indigenous rocks, gabion noise barrier can provide aesthetically
pleasing look and quieter environments compared with traditional
Why not choose other barriers?
Gabion noise barriers are ideal for reducing traffic noises.
- Timber noise barrier - It has too many gaps that allow noise to
pass through, thus, timber noise barriers effect actually micro for
- Hedge noise barrier - Noise can pass through, over and under hedges
easily, so that it blocks less noise than any other barriers, but
it has a more pleasing appearance.
- Corrugated iron barrier - it is too thin to block most noise.
Normally, eighty percent of road noise may pass through the barrier
- Noise block / brick barrier - Smooth surface makes most of noises
being bounced back into the environments instead of reducing the
Reasons to choose gabion noise barrier
Gabion noise barrier allows for the best noise control, absorption,
diffusion and reduction than others
- High strength
Normally, gabion noise barriers are mounted at an accurate
calculated spacing and supported by vertical posts for higher
strength. Normally, this spacing is determined by various factors,
such as topography, design wind velocities and wall height, etc.
- Dense filling material
Dense filling materials with less gaps and holes efficiently
prevent noise passing through the barrier directly.
- Superb noise blocking
Rugged surface of gabion noise barrier effectively makes traffic
noise to be diffused and reduced. As an acoustic wall, gabion noise
barriers also can efficiently control, absorb and reduce the noise
to the largest extent. For example, noise from a large truck is
about 85db, a gabion wall in thickness of 1m can reduce 60db
comparing with others as shown in the right picture.
- High versatility.
Gabion noise barrier is generally mounted along highways and roads
to reduce traffic noises, meanwhile, it can be used as veneers and
cladding for sound insulation and interior & exterior
- Easy assembly & longevity
Our gabion noise barriers can be assembled quickly and easily
without the needs of skilled workers and large equipment.
Meanwhile, all the gabion noise barriers are heavily galvanized
after welding to ensure they are extremely resistant to rust and
corrosion. PVC coating in various colors is also available to suit
your projects. Thus, they can be used for years requiring little
even no maintenance.
- Material:high quality welded steel wire mesh.
- Wire diameter:1mm to 5mm.
- Opening size:50mm × 50mm, 100mm × 100mm.
- Barrier size:Any custom size is available.
- Anti-rust coating:hot-dipped galvanized or PVC coated in any color.
- Package:packing by wood or metal pallet. Other package methods are also
available upon your request.
- It is recommended to build gabion noise barriers as wide as
possible to prevent noises passing around.
- The gabion barriers should be built tall enough to avoid traffic
noise passing over.